0 things to write about

So I've been very busy for the past few months, as you might have noticed by zero new posts. I know, I know, I failed to stick to my goal of 1 blog post per month but hey, I had other stuff to do. And I kept on procrastinating on writing every weekend. Now, when I finally set up a time to write, I do not know what to write about. I mean, I did not really have a vision in mind when I started writing this blog and unfortunately, I still do not.

I have 5-6 articles half completed and now I don't remember what they were going to be. I should have completed them when I had the chance. But nevertheless, I decided that I am going to write at least 100 words today - even if I dump this article in the trash, I am still going to write 100 words.
So, I put up a Pomodoro timer and started Googling about topics to write. Interestingly, all the sites that I came across had a title saying "# of topics to write about". And that number wasn't small - 81, 189, etc. But one of them stuck with me: personal stories. Huh, maybe this is something I can write about. I don't really have a goal of building thousands of readers (at least, not right now) and so, I have the privilege of doing what I do best - talk.

For those of you who do not know me, I love talking. Some of my most weirdly insightful ideas, wisest statements, and silliest jokes come to me while I am talking to my friends. And I do not know why that is the case - maybe I should find that out. But that is the case with me. I can talk to someone for a long and keep on finding new things to talk about but the moment I start to seriously think about something, I absolutely go blank. And, this makes sense sometimes because I am aware that there is a group of people called kinesthetic learners who need to be in motion to produce a finer quality of knowledge. There is also this tool in the programming world called "the rubber duck". What it means that if you are stuck with a problem that you cannot find a solution to - pretend to talk to a rubber duck and explain the code and you'll be more likely to find a solution than you are when you just sit and think.

But, getting back to the topic at hand. I realized that this quirk of mine might actually make me a good storyteller. Now, this is just my speculation, and to know the subjective truth, I will have to confirm with my friends so that I get a biased-external opinion that I like :p

Anyway, so that is what I think my blog should be about. It should just be an outlet for me talking to strangers over the internet, though it is more likely that people who know me are going to be the ones that actually read stuff hey, a guy has got to try. And that is the story of this blog. I bullshitted my way to brainstorming the vision for this blog. Isn't it fascinating?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Fitness, To My Past Self

Linux Mint Setup Guide

Why I used WordPress to make my new website